“Well-run libraries are filled with people because what a good library offers cannot be easily found elsewhere: an indoor public space in which you do not have to buy anything in order to stay.” Zadie Smith

domingo, 25 de março de 2012

B'CHES IN BOOKSHOPS (PARODY OF JAY Z AND KAYNE WEST'S N*GGAS IN PARIS)


Oh Ladies… Nerdy… like it!
Performed by La Shea Delaney & Annabelle Quezada
Director/Producer/Songwriter – Annabelle Quezada
Lyrics:
Read so hard librarians tryin’ ta FINE me­,
They can’t identify me,
Checked in with a pseudonym, so I guess you can say I’m Mark Twaining.
Read so hard, I’m not lazy.
Go on Goodreads, so much rated.
Fountainhead, on my just read, gave it four stars, and then changed it.
Read so hard, I’m literary.
Goosebumps series, TOO SCARY!
Animal Farm, Jane Eyre
Barnes & Nobles, Foursquare it
No TV, I read instead
Got lotsa Bills, but not bread
BURROUGHS , GOLDING, SHAKESPEARE — all dead
Read so hard, got paper cuts
On trains while you’re playin’ connect the dots
All these blisters from turning pages
Read so hard, I’m seeing spots
Your Sudoku just can’t compare
Nor Angry Birds cos lookit here
My Little Birds is getting stares
(pause)
This print’s rare.
Read so hard, I memorize, The Illiad… I know lines.
Watch me spit, classic lit, epic poems that don’t rhyme.
War and Peace, piece of cake, read Tolstoy in 3 days.
Straight through, no delays.
Didn’t miss a word. Not one phrase.
Read so hard librarians tryin’ ta fineee me – That shit cray x 3
Read so hard librarians tryin’ ta fineee me — That shit cray x 3
He said Shea can we get married at the Strand
His Friday Reads are bad so he can’t have my hand
You ball so hard, OK you’re bowling
But I read so hard, I’m JK Rowling
That shit cray
Ain’t it, A? What you readin’?
AQ: DeMontaigne.
You use a Kindle? I carry spines.
Supporting bookshops like a bra, Calvin Klein.
Nerdy boy, he’s so slow
Tuesday we started Foucault
He’s still stuck on the intro? He’s a no go.
It’s sad I had to kick him out my house though –
He Mispronounced an author – MARCEL PROUST
Don’t read in the dark
I highlight with markers
While laying in the park
And wearing Warby Parkers
Marriage Plot broke my heart
And it made me read Barthes
I special ordered a
A softcover not hard- HUAH?AHEHA?!
Read so hard libraries tryin’ ta fine me x 2
I am now marking my place
Don’t wanna crease on my page
Don’t let me forget this page
Don’t let me forget this page
I may forget where I left off so I’ll use this little post it…
I hope it doesn’t fall out, I hope that it stays stickie…
I am now marking my place
Don’t wanna crease on my page
Don’t let me forget this page
I got bookmarks at home
But I forgot one for the road
AQ: I got a bookmark I can loan
La Shea: Know how many bookmarks I own?
I am now bookmarking my page x3
Don’t let me forget this PAGE….
Category:
Music
Tags:
books literature new york niggas in paris bitches bookshops kanye jay Kanye West Jay-Z New York Book Nyc
License:
Standard YouTube License

Nenhum comentário:

Related Posts with Thumbnails