“Well-run libraries are filled with people because what a good library offers cannot be easily found elsewhere: an indoor public space in which you do not have to buy anything in order to stay.” Zadie Smith

segunda-feira, 1 de outubro de 2012

" A SHOP WITH BOOKS IN" É UMA CANÇÃO SOBRE BIBLIOTECAS


There’s a story waiting inside
Behind the door, as it opens wide
And I wander in, hoping to find
Something
As they tell the stories we know
And those we don’t are waiting to be held,
And taken home
There’s a strange man inside
Who knows what I like
He’ll rush with tea to my side
And a stack of books piled high
If I’m lucky enough there will be lots of stuff
That makes me smile inside
A shop with books in….
Shelves stacked high
Fills my eyes
Cant describe
Who knows what you’ll find
A lovely lady guides me through
I smell the pages, excitement grew
How glad am I to be In company, of such
Purveyors of quality
Her knowledge is vast, Her hand reaches out
And pulls the spine of a beautifully bound
Book of delights, Picked especially for me
(ooooh, I’m so happy)
A shop with books in….
[This is a song we wrote about bookshops, for Independent Booksellers' Week (30th June - 7th July 2012), a national celebration of independent bookshops, with hundreds of events taking place all over the country.]

Nenhum comentário:

Related Posts with Thumbnails